Friday 17 June 2016

Antius Ascending series review




The Antius Ascending series by E.R. Arroyo - Book 1, Sovereign & Book 2, The Offering

I first discovered Sovereign as a freebie a couple of years ago. I liked the sound of it - I'm big on anything dytsopian themed - so I downloaded it and added it to my large pile of To Reads. It sat there for a while before I finally got around to it, and I went in with an open mind.

I was quickly hooked. I loved the world that had been created, and that there was so much unknown to it. I loved the main character, Cori. She was a tough lil cookie who was never afraid to stand up for herself or challenge the rules, but at her heart she was just a scared little girl and I found that endearing. She had her great qualities, but she also had her flaws and that made her so much more likable to me.

Dylan, obviously, is one of my favorites. I love a good looking guy who's also super smart, and I like that E.R Arroyo created him at the love interest, because it's different and I appreciate different. Usually our heros in these dytsopian reads are the tough guys who can fight, but Dylan is just a sexy computer nerd at heart.

There are some real heart wrenching moments in this book. There was one scene in particular that had me sobbing like a little bitch. I think it's always the sign of a really good writer when they can get you to really feel something.

I'm about halfway through book no. 2, The Offering right now, and this one is definitely living up to its predecessor. Actually, to be honest, I might like this one even more. Whereas the first story focused mostly on the escape, in this one we get to learn so much more about the world outside of Antius. I'm only halfway through, so I'm anticipating a lot more awesomeness to come

No comments:

Post a Comment