Saturday 4 July 2015

Something Real Playlist

As I usually do, I created a playlist for Something Real as I was writing it. Songs that inspired me as I wrote or songs that I found really fit the story or the characters well. I included it at the end of the story, but here's a more detailed version in case any of you guys were curious as to why I picked those songs -

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson
This one is Jemma's song. Not for the words, but just because I like the sound. It's bouncy and light and fun – which is all Jemma.

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring
This one is Reid's sound. Once again not for the words, but I just like the sound of the song in general. It's kind of punkish (is that even a word?) and bad ass. Totally Reid

What Would Happen by Meredith Brooks
What would happen if we kissed? I mean, no explanation needed here really.

We by Joy Williams
I like this song for both Reid and Jemma. I think it fits them pretty well.

Ghost by Sir Sly
This one I mentioned in the story twice; once when Jemma and Reid almost kissed, and again at the bar when dancing. I just liked the sound of this song – it's slowish and sexy and so it fit the scenes well

Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran
Even though I didn't write any scenes from Reid's POV (though who knows in the future), I thought that this song kind of fit perfectly with how he would have been feeling after their fight and they stopped talking.

Show Me by Evans Blue
Another one for Reid after Jemma rejected him.

Big Girls Cry by Sia
Jemma and her Twinkies.

What Scares You Most by Manic Bloom
This is the song for Jemma as she changes and grows as a person. Not her usual style, but I still think it kind of fit the story

Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard
Naughty naughty sexy times with Jemma and Reid ;)

Sons & Daughters by Allman Brown Ft. Liz Lawrence
Jemma and Reid are finally together

Somebody Like You by Keith Urban

The end. I just like this song – it's so cheery!  

No comments:

Post a Comment