Sunday 26 October 2014

Review: Legacy of Fear


Legacy of Fear
Legacy of Fear by Ryshia Kennie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Ryshia Kennie does it again!

After reading another of her books and being a big fan, I was expecting big things from this one – and Legacy of Fear didn't disappoint.

Set in Hong Kong this time, Andra, a code breaker, and Max, a linguist, are trying to figure out a secret language and the mysteries behind it, whilst at the same time running from their lives from some of the most dangerous men in Honk Kong who would use the language to gain power.

What I especially liked about this book was the characters. Max especially, is not the average hero. He's brains over brawn, and still very sexy. The romantic tension between Max and Andra was spot on. I also liked the emotion that was in this story. I won't give away any spoilers, but there were a lot of moments when I was teary eyed.

And Hong Kong itself is like a third main character. Instead of just telling us where they are and glazing over the rest like some other stories, the author describes all of their settings brilliantly so it's easy to get a feel of where they are.

Another great read, and I'll be looking forward to reading more stories from Rhyshia Kennie.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment