Sunday 3 August 2014

Review: His Wayward Duchess


His Wayward Duchess
His Wayward Duchess by Daphne du Bois

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Mousy wallflower, Holly, is surprised but delighted to marry the Duke of Strathavon, Sylvester, but soon becomes downhearted when she realizes he married her for her practicality and not for love. Sylvester had vowed never to love anyone, because love only leads to loss, but he hadn't counted on his new wife and her ability to get under his skin.

I loved this story, what a sweet and utterly charming read! I was totally swept away. The characters were brilliant – Holly was fiery and mischievous and strong and a great lead, and the way Sylvester tried to reign in his feelings for her was lovely and sad (and funny at times). And the side characters were a great addition – especially Holly's friend, Lady Louisa, who added some great humour.

Everything was described so wonderfully that it was easy to imagine the scenery and the events – the author definitely knows her stuff! It was all very authentic.

I was already a regency romance fan, but this has definitely been one of my favourites, and I'll be looking up more books by Daphne du Bois right away.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for something lighthearted and romantic. A great read!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment