Friday 2 May 2014

Undone (The Guardians #1) Playlist

So these songs are some of what I listened to while writing Undone. Some of them mean something to me and the story lyrically, and some I just like the sound and feel of.

Meant To Live by Switchfoot
This song describes perfectly how Nicky is feeling at the beginning of the book before he meets the Guardians

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring
Though the lyrics don't really mean anything to the story, I just love this song and how wild it is. This is the song I played while writing fight scenes

Bones by Ms Mr
When Gable and Nicky first see each other again during the parking lot fight, and again later when they kiss. I read somewhere that the writer of the song said that when she wrote it, she was in turmoil about the changes in her life and things didn't feel right and she felt overwhelmed (don't quote me :D) which I think fits perfectly for Nicky and Gable during pretty much every encounter they have

Fresh Pair of Eyes by Brooke Waggoner
I Love (yes, with a capital L) this song so much. It's how I think Gable and Sacha felt about each other at the beginning of their friendship

Never Be the Same by Red
It perfectly describes Nicky's conflicted feelings towards Gable

Angel by Sarah McLachlan
This song is so sad and I imagine the lyrics are kind of how Gable is feeling in the aftermath of Pablo's death.

Twenty Seven by Ms Mr
(You'll notice I use a couple of songs from Ms Mr. I'm a big fan.) This is the song that plays in my head during the epilogue



No comments:

Post a Comment